Halloween is tomorrow With this spooky holiday can come a few spooky hazards as well. Below are some tips to help keep your home and family safe this Halloween:
- Be careful when placing candles in your carved jack-o-lanterns and keep them far away from any furnishings, drapes or Halloween decor that may be flammable and never leave them burning unattended.
- Do not overload electrical outlets with holiday lighting or movable decorative objects.
- Be sure and take time to check around our porch or sidewalk for any garden hoses, low lying tree limbs or decorations that might prove to be a tripping hazard for young children trick or treating at your home.
- If you are not participating in trick or treating be sure and turn off your porch light or other lights around you home as to not attract trick or treaters.
- If you have pets who maybe stressed by the visitors are costumes consider crating them or placing them in a safe room in your home with some of their favorite treats until the night is over.
Hope you have a safe and happy Halloween!